Sunday, April 19, 2020

Boyshorts Bicycle Ride


I told my Facebook friends that I would wear a pair of boyshort panties as outerwear all week, starting today. The goal is to wear a different pair, along with a top of course, every day of the week, no matter if I stay at home or have to go out for a necessary errand.

This morning I didn't have a necessary errand, but I needed to get outside. I do this a few times a day for my sanity. Since it wasn't too warm yet -- a wonderful 74° -- a bicycle ride seemed the thing to do.

For my ride, I chose a pair of fully ruffled boyshorts (sometimes called tennis panties) and a cotton tank. I started off riding around the neighborhood and saw a few neighbors who waved as I rode by. Then I took off through a nearby park – yes, I am so lucky to have parkland all around my casita – and rode another three miles or so. There were quite a few people out getting their exercise. I didn’t get any stares, but I did get a few turnaround glances and smiles.

Heading home, I saw Trouble and her mom walking about a block from my casita. I waved from the distance, not really wanting to explain my outfit. I’m kind of wondering if either even noticed.

So, day one of “boyshorts week” is, so far, exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment