Monday, June 1, 2020

Monday's GMST


Mondays are just like any other day now. The university is shut down until fall, so I’m not working, staying-at-home (mostly), catching up on casita chores, writing a little (like this blog), doing neighborhood work, and some political work. It feels like I’m busy but experiencing positive results is elusive without in-person social interaction. I helped clean up some of the damage in Tucson caused by the protesters. That felt good, but social distancing made it somewhat awkward.

Over on Facebook, I have fun posting about my Recycle Monday adventures (for those who don’t know, I roll the recycle bin to the curb in the early morning wearing next-to-nothing). And Maya Monday on Facebook challenges some of us to find photos centered around a theme like “women in uniform.” That can be interesting.

After my recycle run, in a silly swimsuit that is better for sex than swimming, I ate my summer breakfast of yogurt and fruit and thought, okay, it’s time to create a GMST list. One of my professors taught me that everyone should have a “Get My Shit Together” list each day. It can be a definitive list of things-to-do or work to be done, or simply ideas on what one must do to stay on track in life, to hold your heart and head intact.

Sparks’ GMST for Today:
1. Go nude at home today
2. Increase indoor exercise routine to 1.5 hours instead of only 1 hour
3. Just brush hair quickly after a shower (don’t stare at how awful it looks)
4. Do something with nails, paint toes
5. Dip in the pool twice, sun for 15 mins (generate vitamin D)
6. Write letters to Sinema, McSally, Grijalva, NPS, Dept. of Interior
7. Grocery store run (wear a cute dress, go commando)
8. Homedepot for home repair chore
9. Write blog post
10. Work on script project/conference producer
11. Find birthday gift for Trouble
12. Limit time on Facebook
13. Thaw pork chop for dinner
14. Remember Soda’s set at Smash tonight

Exciting stuff, right?

Off for the shopping part of the day. If I see a police officer, firefighter, or EMT while I'm out and I sense they may be in need of a smile, I might give them a peek. That is, if I don't think they'll arrest me!



1 comment:

  1. Damn girl, that seems like a week's worth of list! *giggles. Good for you being so productive! - Jas

    ReplyDelete