Thursday, June 4, 2020

In the Arroyo


It was already 82° when I headed out the door of my casita for my morning walk at 6:30 am. The temperature was a bit warm, but the already high sun was a blazing ball of heat making it feel much warmer. I knew the neighbors would be out, so I bounded out the gate of my neighborhood into a nearby desert park where I could find some privacy on a myriad of little nature walk loops.

My destination was a little arroyo I knew that would afford me some shade. Happily, I surveyed the area for other people before I dropped off the ledge of the arroyo into its shade. The air felt cool again, out of the sun. Reasonably certain I was alone, I slipped out of my running shorts and sports top.

I feel so good when I am outdoors in the morning air walking naked, simply enjoying my body. Just "being" among the desert plants, the rocky cliffs, in a state of complete aliveness, with all of my skin exposed provides a sense of utter satisfaction. I work hard to keep my body fit and toned for moments like this when I can submit to the joy of being alive, confident in my nakedness. And if someone should spy me, so be it. I'd enjoy the thrill of being seen and keep moving.

The arroyo is not long, in less than half an hour I was at one of the park's ramadas. Surprisingly, no one was around, so I rested, gulped some water, and lingered before putting my shorts and top back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment