Saturday, March 14, 2020

Just Open Up!


Here in the desert southwest we're hoping to contain the coronavirus by "social distancing." It makes a lot of sense to me, staying away from large crowds, closed spaces, and cancelling classes, public performances and the like.  And, I have always generally thought keeping a good sized space between you and people you don't know is a good idea. But that doesn't mean you can't gather with friends for a pizza and a glass of wine, dining alfresco in the cool spring air. I did this last night and opted for a snap front flannel shirt for a little warmth. But, the pizza joint had gas heaters out on the patio so it was warm and toasty. I mentioned that perhaps my shirt was too warm, so one of my friends who knows my occasionally exhibitionist ways, leaned over and unsnapped it for me. The rest of the evening was a delight feeling open and free and exposed. My friends liked it too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us close with your stories, Sparks. I would be sad and lonely without them.

    ReplyDelete