Sunday, May 3, 2020

Being Good


I'm being good, sheltering-at-home, grading students' work, taking walks, swimming, and making myself work out. I have mostly been alone the last couple of days.

<rant>
I read the newspaper, online news, Facebook. All these protesters carrying assault weapons, people wanting to boycott Costco because the store is requiring customers to wear masks, and Californians demonstrating because the beaches are closed (all without masks, of course) make me so angry. I always knew Americans could be stupid. Lately, though, they seem to have taken stupid to a new level. And I blame an ignorant, criminal president, his family and his administration for setting the tone. No, protesters with assault weapons are not "some very good people," they are terrorists.
</rant>

I include this photo by Val Mont, a German photographer from Munich. His work speaks to me, often making me feel, somehow. that he is capturing the essence of who I am, who I want to be, and how I want to look -- "just a girl." I know, I know, I'm a grown woman, a professional, a fully realized person ... but I will always be, in my heart, "just a girl."

Be safe. Be well.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your rant Sparks. These terrorists may be part of the Boogaloo movement to incite civil war in the US. As if things weren't already bad and difficult enough. They are selfish, shortsighted, ignorante, foolish, children.

    And I love the photo, it's so lovely and innocently sensual...

    ReplyDelete