Friday, August 28, 2020

Musings in a Little White Dress


 

My new friend Sally has embraced my practice of wearing loose, cotton dresses "sans culotte" during our early morning desert walks. Temperatures have been blazing in the desert southwest the last few weeks (August is the hottest month on record ever) so short, flimsy sundresses are ideal for walking. Nothing is tight, nothing rubs, and there is no chaffing on our nude skin underneath. And, of course, they are great fun for teasing and touching each other.

Two days a week, I now tutor my 15-year-old neighbor, who I call "Trouble," and two of her friends because their school is now fully online. Originally, her mom was going to home school her officially, but since Trouble's school went virtual, she was saved the hassle of the required homeschooling paperwork.

In any case, our tutoring sessions start early, on my patio while the air temperature is still tolerable when augmented with my water misting system. There is not much reason to change from my little white dresses to tutor the girls, so that is what I have been wearing. On Thursdays, we have "dress-up day" so the girls can, at least once a week, fix their hair, put on pretty clothes, and feel like they are "going to school." I join in by putting my hair up, adding a piece of jewelry or two, and wearing a pretty pair of shoes. And, yes, I put on panties when the girls are here.

Yesterday, Trouble and her friends poked a little fun at me, and had a hearty good giggle, by dressing alike for school. All three girls showed up in pretty white sundresses and cute, strappy sandals. I'd love to share the pictures we took of all us in our white dresses, but, of course, I can't do that. You'll just have to use your imagination.

The girls and I talked about how people are coping with the pandemic, staying at home, schooling at home, and working at home without normal social gatherings, interactions, and just plain having fun, unlimited by distancing and masks.

So their creative writing assignment this week (with proper spelling and grammar always) is to write a dream. They are to describe a dream they wish they could have, or want to have, now, that would seem so real that when they wake up, remembering it, they would feel it actually happened. I asked them to let their imagination soar and not feel limited by the reality of the day, time, or space. It's their dream to dream.

Next Thursday we will share their dreams.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like an enjoyable class for teacher and students... can't wait for their dreams!

    and wondering do the moms pay you or do you pay them to send their sweet young daughters to you...? giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun assignment, Professor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asia ... no pay either way, of course, we're friends and neighbors. But the experience is priceless.

    ReplyDelete